October 11, 2019
New York City
W83 Ministry Center
Join attendees from 50+ social sector organizations to discuss the latest research and theory on constituent feedback and apply that knowledge to support some of New York City’s most innovative feedback practices.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
La Concha Resort
Join local, domestic, and international change makers from 80+ social sector organizations to put constituent feedback into practice. Attendees will leave inspired with tangible tools to improve their organizations and a network of like-minded individuals from across the globe to make it happen.
What is the Feedback Summit?
Feedback Summits are Feedback Labs’ flagship conferences that bring together leading thinkers, practitioners, funders, and researchers in closing feedback loops in aid, philanthropy, and governance. Each convening ignites widespread community experimentation and collaboration among organizations that aim to improve people’s lives by collecting and responding to constituent feedback. From 2015 to 2018 Summits held in Washington, D.C. focused on feedback being the right, smart, feasible, and expected thing to do.
What is Feedback+?
Inspired by attendee feedback from past Summits, we’re hitting the road. Feedback+ is a series of gatherings in cities around the world that will allow feedback champions and newcomers to come together, learn from each other and from leaders in each host city so that we can shift this movement forward together. Reinventing the flagship annual conference, Feedback+ goes to where the action is. Held in various locations across the globe, Feedback+ puts local leaders who are walking the talk in their feedback practice in conversation with global philanthropic funders, government officials, nonprofit leaders and aid representatives. Feedback+ reimagines real conversations and takes real action.
We heard your feedback from Feedback Summit 2018 and we’re acting!
At the end of each Summit we compile our Net Promoter Score as a way to analyze if we’re meeting your goals, and we ask for suggestions on what we could be doing better. In 2018 our NPS score was 71. Here are some changes we’re making in response to your feedback:
What you said
What we’ll do
- We want more frontline implementers and feedback “givers” represented.
- We agree, and that’s why we’re taking Feedback+ on the road! Each Feedback+ will feature local changemakers. We are also continuing to invest in our Feedback Fellows program and other scholarship opportunities which bring frontline implementers around the world to our Summits.
- More take-home tools to use at our organizations, please!
- We heard you, and that’s why our Feedback+San Juan is all about feedback in action. You will leave with several actionable and tangible tools to implement in your own organizations!
- Networking is a huge reason I attend conferences, so I want more of that!
- We will build in more networking time, including affinity tables and social hours. With the guest list available ahead of time, you’ll be able plan who you want to connect with – whether that’s at lunch in New York or on the beach in San Juan.
- What happens when feedback goes wrong? I need tools to handle that.
- Good point. With Feedback+New York focusing on theory and Feedback+San Juan on practice, we will provide you with comprehensive ideas and experiences about what happens when feedback doesn’t go as planned.
- We would love a Summit venue outside of DC!
- This was the most frequent feedback we got from past Summit attendees, and because of you, we can’t wait to learn and grow with you in both New York on October 11, 2019, in San Juan, Puerto Rico February 26-28, 2020, and beyond! Should Feedback+ come to your hometown next? Pitch us your idea here.
The annual Feedback Summits brought together the Feedback Community to build the argument for feedback and get the community ready for action.
Select a Summit to revisit those conversations!